NOTE: Remember to save the completed application on your computer so you can then email it to email@example.com and this will also keep a copy for your records.
Completed applications are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 1, 2016. Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated by the CEHD Research Office.
**This competition is currently closed**
The fundamental objective of the USRI is to give students an opportunity to learn to conduct research. Undergraduate student participants will learn about scientific reasoning, research methods, theoretical principles, and scientific communication.
The specific objectives of the USRI are to:
- Give TAMU undergraduate students exposure conducting original research;
- Foster development of research skills;
- Foster an awareness of the major questions currently under investigation in education, health, and the social sciences; and
- Promote interactions with CEHD faculty through an immersion in the research environment.
Through a competitive application process, selected faculty will be granted funds for one undergraduate student research mentee for Fall 2016 and Spring 2017.
Through this award faculty will be able to hire a student worker and the Dean's Office will provide 75% of the salary and the applicant will identify a source of funds within their department to be used as matching. For Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 it will cost approximately $3,100* with the Dean's Office covering $2,235 of this expense and the department covering the remaining $775. Twelve faculty can be awarded through this program.
*These figures are based on paying a student employee $10 per hour for 10 hours per week.
Faculty applying for this program must:
- hire a TAMU undergraduate student (can be inside or outside CEHD) and pay the student $10/hr to work 10 hours per week for Fall 2016 and Spring 2017.
- have an identified research project and planned research activities.
- provide learning objectives for undergraduate students.
- have a mentorship plan with a mentorship meeting at least once a week integrated into the mentorship plan.
- complete an online evaluation report to the CEHD Research Office by May 15, 2017.
- have undergraduate research mentee complete an online evaluation report to CEHD Research Office by May 15, 2017.
Award decisions will be based on the following criteria:
- quality of planned research activities to the undergraduate student's learning objectives
- quality of mentoring plan
August 1, 2016 Applications due
August 15, 2016 Awards will be announced